How to Prepare for an Eye Exam
An annual eye exam is important as it not only helps you take care of your vision but your overall health too. At Optica 20 20 San Antonio, we can detect signs of medical conditions such as high blood pressure or diabetes during your exam. We also provide vision testing that allows us to measure your glasses or contact lenses prescription accurately. We can also ensure that you are well prepared for your eye exam.
Understand Your Benefits
If you have vision insurance, it’s important to understand your benefits. Call your insurance company before your eye exam in San Antonio to discuss coverage. Learn which tests are covered, which are out of pocket, and if our eye doctor is in-network. If you don’t have insurance, we offer coupons on our websites as well as CareCredit.
What to Consider Before Your Eye Exam
It’s important to write any questions you have for our eye doctor down before your visit. Some of the most commonly asked questions or comments during an eye exam include:
- Why am I experiencing blurry vision?
- I’m having problems judging distances.
- Am I a good candidate for contact lenses?
- How do you test for cataracts, as I have a family history?
- Is the contact lens exam the same as a regular eye exam?
- I recently was diagnosed with diabetes. Does that affect my vision?
- How often should I have an eye exam?
Things to Bring to Your Eye Exam
There are some things that our eye doctor at Optica 20 20 San Antonio will ask you to bring to your eye exam. These include:
- Your current glasses or contact lenses
- A list of the medications you’re taking
- The name, address, and phone number of your primary care physician
- If you’re having your pupils dilated, bring someone to drive you home
- Your vision insurance information (if applicable)
- A list of questions you brainstormed
When should I Follow Up with My Eye Doctor After an Eye Exam?
Call our San Antonio, TX office for a follow-up visit if you’re experiencing problems with your new glasses or contact lenses. Also, if you’re experiencing new symptoms affecting your vision, it’s essential to be evaluated even if you just had an eye exam.
Contact Us for a Quality Eye Exam in San Antonio, TX
If you’re interested in scheduling your next eye exam with our professional staff, call our San Antonio TX office at (210) 928-2020. During your visit, our eye doctor can recommend whether you require yearly or bi-yearly appointments in the future. The early we can diagnose any eye conditions, the more likely they won’t permanently affect your vision. If you’re looking for an ‘eye doctor near me,’ contact our team today to learn more about how we can help.